SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Lounges / Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge / cluster deformation

Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge Please post in this section ONLY if your question doesn't fit in anywhere else on the forum, or if you're not sure which section it's relevant to. We also have Free streaming trial available.

Join the conversation. Reply to post

14-05-2011, 12:21 AM   #1
choo

cluster deformation
Hi, i faced this problem since i started learning maya. Whenever i created a cluster to control a block of vertexs or lattice points, when i parented the cluster to the joint, the mesh will deformed as it moves along with the rig.

How do i prevent the mesh from deforming by the cluster when moving the rig and only allowed the cluster to deform only when i moved the controller for it?
14-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
choo

Nevermind, i have solved it..

To prevent deformation when moving the rig:
1. create cluster(from lattice points) with relative turned off
2. parent constraint cluster to controller object
3. parent lattice to its latticebase
4. parent latticebase to joint
5. group cluster and parent it to latticebase
6. parent controller to joint
7. turn on relative for cluster