Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 12-11-2005 , 02:05 PM
Subscriber

Help! with addin a logo to my dyson.

hi need a bit of help,user added image
im trying to add the dyson logo onto the vac itself
i have selected the faces and planar mapped the area i want the logo to be on then opened up in photoshop made the text etc,
Now after this im kinda stuck. how do i get it to show up on the vac? when i do final get it to show its all white aswell as the writing been over the entire model.
thanks in advance user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 12-11-2005 , 04:07 PM
Lifetime Member

# 3 12-11-2005 , 06:59 PM
Well technically all you need to do is once you have the textuer made, you create a new material. THen in the color region click the checkered box. Now you select file, then you use the file that you want for it. It may cause problems because all you did was project a region of your vac. You may want to project the entire section and move the UV's around to give the area you want more area, if theres nothing else that you need to have show up on the vac, cuz if you use the second technique, the rest of the texture will stretch.