Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 21-01-2008 , 06:36 AM
Subscriber

please help ...selecting material in hypershade

Im doing the gnome tutorial and in one section you break up the face in sections assigning each section a different color..ex: nose , neck, ect... He then says to click on the original material (lambert1) that makes up the remaining part of the face. Now heres the Question. When you select lambert1 in hypershade window it is supposed to select the remaining polys that make up the face. When i select it nothing gets selected in my layout screen. Actually nothing gets selected on all of my other shaders also. Is there a preference that has to be turned on for this to work? In short when i slect my hypershade colors that were assigned to certain polys it is supposed to select the polys associated with it

This is driving me nuts please help......

# 2 21-01-2008 , 06:59 AM
Lifetime Member
Right click on Lambert 1 and pick select Select object in Initial shading group . Any other material you would pick Select objects with Material .

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 21-01-2008 , 07:01 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
*EDIT* Looks like JS beat me to it user added image

Right hand mouse click on the node, and press: Select objects with material assigned.

I don't have Maya open so I can't check for the exact wording, but you should be able to tell.

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 4 21-01-2008 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
Got it, thanks guys.