Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-12-2010 , 02:32 PM

Light Dog

started my first real model where I use no kind of reference, just making stuff up as I go along..

user added image
user added image
user added image
user added image

haven't figured out how to attach the back legs and the "head" to to main body yet..

# 2 17-12-2010 , 02:52 PM
Looking nice. Very good.

# 3 17-12-2010 , 07:20 PM
Subscriber
That's a cool concept, love it so far. Kind of reminds me of the Pixar lamp but only cooler. Hope to see more work on this in the future.

# 4 18-12-2010 , 12:52 AM

That's a cool concept, love it so far. Kind of reminds me of the Pixar lamp but only cooler. Hope to see more work on this in the future.

hehe, busted.. user added image I was inspired by the pixar lamp when I started this user added image

# 5 18-12-2010 , 11:47 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
hey i would really advice you to use reference or have some kind of concept drawn out that way you will have a clear cut goal of what you want and wont waste so much time on guessing on where you want it to go

# 6 18-12-2010 , 12:31 PM

hey i would really advice you to use reference or have some kind of concept drawn out that way you will have a clear cut goal of what you want and wont waste so much time on guessing on where you want it to go

I did a stick figure-like drawing (I'm horrible at drawing) for the basic shape before I started, but now I mostly google for ref images for the specific pieces I'm making at the time (like car batteries, pistons, rotating joints, etc.) to get inspiration. user added image

# 7 18-12-2010 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
it looks pretty!

how'd you do the straps that are holding down the battery?

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... you cant be cooler than the pixar lamp... only just as cool or less
nah, i'm not totally serious

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 8 18-12-2010 , 11:16 PM
Subscriber

it looks pretty!

how'd you do the straps that are holding down the battery?

whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... you cant be cooler than the pixar lamp... only just as cool or less
nah, i'm not totally serious

hahah yes I agree the pixar lamp is pretty cool, but I mean come on, it's a dog lamp!! Dogs are awesome and so are lamps so that is super awesome. Pixar lamp is just awesome.

# 9 19-12-2010 , 05:35 AM
Subscriber
I must quote Steve Carrel " I love lamp"

# 10 27-12-2010 , 11:25 PM

I must quote Steve Carrel " I love lamp"

Hehe, I love that movie!

haven't had any time to model anything much, but here's an update anyway..
user added image
user added image
user added image

and some renderings (Right click -> Show Image to see larger versions)

user added image
user added image

any crits welcome user added image
and btw, how do you get a thumbnail pic to show in thread list?

Last edited by hummlas; 28-12-2010 at 06:04 PM.