Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 20-07-2007 , 09:25 PM
Subscriber
the post above this one.., the context menu will not show on mt screen grad.., so, right click on the object and choose 'edges.' then select all the edges you want to bevel.., see the icon on my shelf, 4th one from the tool box, thats custom icon i have put there, I mentioned i earlier.., it allows me to pick one edge.., click that icon and it will select the edges along the axis I have selected.., in other words, it saves me selecting all the edges one by one.., but one by on is OK, just takes time, also if you deselect by accident, its a drag because you have to select them one by one again.

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 17 20-07-2007 , 09:27 PM
Subscriber
now, finally we get to where you want to be.., click bevel

Attached Thumbnails

# 18 20-07-2007 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
there is a bevel now, but you can hardly see it, check the settings in the channel box.., offset is very low.., '.005'

Attached Thumbnails

# 19 20-07-2007 , 09:30 PM
Subscriber
off set adjusted to '.5'

Attached Thumbnails

# 20 20-07-2007 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
segments adjusted from '1' to '8.'

I dont think you have to worry about tessellation.., I think thats only for nurbs?? if theres anyone out there that can set you straight on that..??

anyway.., the 'finished' product.

Attached Thumbnails

# 21 20-07-2007 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
when doing the boolean operation, I would probably have an equal number of subdivisions on the actual object and the boolean object and align them so the join up, see how the divisions dont match in the 'bite' on the object. .., I really dont know if it matters or if its possible to align them, it just looks slack, but its OK for this purpose.

have fun!

# 22 20-07-2007 , 10:03 PM
Awsome man. You helped me like a teacher man. Thanks a lot. I never expected that i would get this much help. THANKS A LOT MAN. I am really excited about what you did for me. I will post again in this thread again if i faced any other problem. Thanks A Lot.

# 23 20-07-2007 , 10:11 PM
Subscriber
one would hope in today's world one hand washes the other..,

no problem user added image glad it helps.