Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 01-08-2008 , 07:31 PM

first ever texture

so i just finished up texturing my first model, i was going to add some bump mapping on the wings and such, but somehow, the bumps on one of the wings was bumping outwards, not inwards like it supose to, so i figure i wont add the bump mappings on it till i figure out what's going on
feed backs are welcome =P

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 01-08-2008 , 08:16 PM
Lifetime Member
This is a really nice start for your first ever texture,but it really does need the bump and also a specular map would improve it enormaously since it has the same spec all ove right now.
As regards to the bump being out insted of in you can either invert your bump map or set a negative bump value in the bump node to cure this little hitch.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 01-08-2008 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
I think the texture appears to be a little stretched on top, but a pretty good start, keep it up.

Chris

# 4 02-08-2008 , 03:00 AM
thx ill try that bump mapping like u said soon =p