Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 22-03-2011 , 08:25 AM

cannot delete the edge

i'm learning maya. I'm a beginner and now i have a problem plz help me
i draw a polygon (6 edges) then i extrude it fourth times. I select 6 faces then hit delete but there's a edge not disappear. I try many ways but cannot delete it. Plz help me. Thanks so much!

user added image

user added image
user added image

# 2 22-03-2011 , 10:31 AM
Lifetime Member
I have replicated your problem...you have used the extrude command but didnt actually extrude and have used the command again...creating a double face...just highlight in in 'face' mode and hit delete...or do the object again.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 22-03-2011 , 11:14 AM
Thanks you very much! Now i understand. I love maya so much and i'm learning maya by my own, no teacher. It's not easy for me to learn but i hope i will good at maya in future
Thank you again!
sorry for my english