Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 06-04-2003 , 01:54 AM

Sand shader

Hello, I'm trying to make the sand shader for my beach scene. but i cant get it to look like sand....

Any ideas?

This is what I have for now..

Thanks

Thanks,
Ari
# 2 06-04-2003 , 02:39 AM
Subscriber
you could try and reduce the amplitude of the bump map because at the moment it's to bumpy

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 06-04-2003 , 02:42 AM
I like that, can we see a bigger render?

have you tried searching highend3d maya shader database?

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 4 06-04-2003 , 03:05 AM

update

Hey, i tried one of the shaders from highend, i feel guilty for using it, cause i wanted to make this all myself... but it looks much better now...

Thanks,

Here is a 'bigger' render!

Thanks,
Ari
# 5 06-04-2003 , 01:36 PM
Good Work user added image

Well, you could just look at how that sand shader is made up, then try could create your own based on what you learn.

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 6 17-04-2003 , 01:54 AM
Simply Maya OG
The sand looks more like a huge rock than sand.....make it finer maybe?

- Hybrid
# 7 03-05-2003 , 05:56 AM
Subscriber
I think (if its a custom Bump map) you should make things like footprits and stuff. Also trying to bump map the actual grains of sand from that far way is kinda absurd. Think about it this way. How many grains of sand coul you see there? Now do you have enough pixels to do that many!? don't think so. I'd use a large texture, with a similar bump map, and make it VERY subtle. Then give it more of a orangy-yellow, sand color.

Don't get me wrong tho, its just A point of view, i dont' think you're looks that bad. The thing that really stands out is where the water meets the sand.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2