Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 17-10-2011 , 02:09 PM

extruding

I'm trying to follow this guys tutorial. He's using Blender. I'm having a bit of trouble transfering the methods. How do you extrude vertecis the way her did. I got the sphere chopped, and pressed extrude and my geometry exploded, lol.

I was hoping it would let me haul them up like you can faces, but it did an automated thing..

Peter's Massive Blender tutorial chapter 4 - YouTube

# 2 17-10-2011 , 02:48 PM
Senior Software Developer
jeremy,

Where about does he do this... I dont want to watch the entire video.

Also I have never heard or extruding vertices, vertices only contain 1 set of data and thats where it is in the world. To be able to extrude, an object needs two or more points of reference (i.e 2 or more vertices). I have only ever heard of extruding edges and faces. Maybe he made a slip of the tounge...

The approach I would use this is to ignore what he is saying and copy his actions, but I am not sure of your skill set for Maya, to be able to do a copy and paste of this.

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 3 17-10-2011 , 03:13 PM
The Nurb Herd
extrude the edge and merge the verts. I think that's what he does.

# 4 17-10-2011 , 04:01 PM
The thin red line
When you do a extrude like that make sure you have "keep faces together" ticked in the edit mesh menu..............dave