Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 27-08-2014 , 08:24 PM

Simplify my Maya modelling workflow!

Hello guys, currently working on the Juggernaut Perk Machine from Black Ops 2 in Maya.

At one point i thought there should be an easier way for modelling this, because I don't want to add every single loop by hand.

Here is my example:
user added image

I have these 4 loops selected, and i want to add two other loops on the right and the left side of each loop!
Is there any other way instead of adding every single loop manually?

If i would know this, this trick would definitly speed up my modelling time at some point.

Hope anyone could help! user added image

# 2 27-08-2014 , 08:48 PM
bevel with segments 2 maybe?

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 27-08-2014 , 09:04 PM
Thats a possible solution, thank you for that! user added image
I always thought about using the Offset Edge Loop Tool on more edges than just one at the same time. Is that anyhow possible?

Thanks in advance!

# 4 27-08-2014 , 09:55 PM
The thin red line
Rick has given you the best solution, you can change the offset for the bevel for all 3 edges at the same time. I think you can only do 1 offset edge loop at a time............dave

# 5 28-08-2014 , 12:55 AM
Alright, Thank You! user added image

# 6 02-09-2014 , 05:41 AM
I have a noob script i created doing this! Basicly what i did was use the offset edge tool then i just deleted the original loop. Use the same offset value to get all 4 loops the same offset (duh). I Dont have My computer nearby right now but ill send the super basic script when i get home if i remember user added image

polyDuplicateEdge -ch on -of 0.03;
dR_movePress;
doDelete;

change the value for how you like it. very simple yet useful

if anyone can pimp my script so that i can middle mouse the offset like the modelling tools that would be awesome

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^

Last edited by Skalman; 04-09-2014 at 12:21 PM.