Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 25-08-2006 , 05:54 AM
Subscriber

view PROBLEMS

Anything is n´t right with my views. I tried everything but when I dolly or tumble or do anything what the position of the camera changes my objects transforms to lower resolution shapes.
For example if I make a Nurbs sphere and dolly or tumble in the view, the shape transforms. without clicking anything the sphere looks like a subdiv in shape 3 (keyboard). with dolly or tumble it looks like a subdiv in shape 1(")
If anybody understood that, he can help me, please.

# 2 02-09-2006 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
I have that problem as well, but only with NURBS objects (usually minor things like eyeballs, &c). I just ignore it, but now I'm curious as to what causes this as well! What version of Maya are you using? For the record, I'm using 6.5. I heard that version is a bit buggy, but for the most part it's fine. I did not have that problem with versions 4, 4.5, and 5...

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 3 02-09-2006 , 07:44 AM
Subscriber
I´m using maya 6.5. I never worked with an other maya.
I had that problem not from the begining. I think that i made anything who changed the view options or something like that.
Or its an bug! I have a friend who has maya6.5 too, and he hasn´t that trouble. I think we should to challenge that.
If you have some ideas how we do that, answer me.
user added image

# 4 02-09-2006 , 01:49 PM
Subscriber
I think I figured it out, Mayatastic. Go to "Display>Fast Interaction". If it is UNchecked, your problem will (or should) go away.

Not that it's a problem. I guess the "Fast Interaction" feature allows you to scroll and tumble with complex objects very quickly (without the delay one sometimes gets). I imagine it does this by automatically (and temporarily) lowering the resolution of the object.

Again, ensure that "Display>Fast Interaction" is not checked!

Let me know if this works!

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 5 06-09-2006 , 11:14 AM
Subscriber
hey Lt jim. you made it! it still works.
I call you for my next question! :p