Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 25-12-2007 , 09:44 AM

first attempt @ modelling a head.

This is my first attempt of modelling a head... (it's not human user added image ) Not very detailed and it was a bit hard to do it accurate, but now i know how to do it so it must be a bit easier the next time user added image

EDIT: I checked some other work and i came to the conclusion i'm so noob user added image :hug:

EDIT2: Updated the model:

https://www.imagehosting.com/show.php...ature.jpg.html

Last edited by shadowspy; 25-12-2007 at 11:11 PM.
# 2 25-12-2007 , 10:58 AM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Looking pretty good for a first attempt!

When learning to model heads and other organic shapes. It's best to actually build a Human head. This way you'll have a tons of reference, plus plenty of other people have modeled them already, so you can learn from their models.

Anyway, don't let some of the work the locals are creating get you down.... some of them may be creating master pieces now.... but not so long ago they were struggling to create primitives... Stick with it... keep practicing.... don't give up!

Not an X-files Fan by any chance??? user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 3 25-12-2007 , 08:56 PM
Subscriber
Mayaniac is right, if you do are really into this
then do yourself a favour and get some books
and tutorials and watch what other people are doing
to gain an insight on a workflow etc...

I am not going to ly it is freaking hard work,
but worth it! user added image

Model looks mischievious user added image

later shadowspy, and don't worry..
I am still a noob myself user added image you are not alone!

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep - Scott Adams"

<b>Toxic Bunny</b>
# 4 25-12-2007 , 10:50 PM
Hey all,

Tnx for the nice replies :bow:

Tnx for your advice. I followed the Poly Head Modeling Tutorial but used a different picture ofcourse user added image

Since this is my 2nd model ever modelled in Maya i was pretty happy i was able to do this...

Eventually everything will go much easier when I know more about maya. I'm sure about that.

-Shadowspy

EDIT: I made some small adjustments and it looks a bit better like this... Check first post

Last edited by shadowspy; 25-12-2007 at 11:07 PM.