Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-10-2002 , 05:56 PM

Enterprise:)

Hi!

That's my new project, but I won't get lucky with it, I think. That what you see is the result of 15+hours of workuser added image. Funny, isn't it? Looks so simple. I modeled it with the loft-tool deck by deck (42 at total) when I discovered that the blueprints I used were baduser added image. Then I converted it to polys and had to replace basically every vert.
But now the rough work should mostly be done and it is ready for the smooth-operationuser added image..

Regards

Markuz

# 2 28-10-2002 , 06:43 PM
Subscriber
Looks great. Why did you do polys instead of nurbs or subds? Maybe smooth out those polys some...? =]

- Chris L. Harkins -
# 3 28-10-2002 , 08:48 PM
thanxuser added image..

I used polys, because I am not very familiar with nurbs-modeling and there has to come much detail... And because I was too lazy to adjust every single of those 42 Curves and a few surface errors. I just can't handle the loft command. On some places the surface just looked shitty as the curves didn't had the same number of curve-points and so on. I am simply better at poly-modeling, and you can see the texture in the hardware textured mode...

But of course I'll smooth the hole thing or convert it to sub-div-surfaces, but first of all I'll refine it a bit more in this detail level, so it's much easier.

# 4 29-10-2002 , 03:27 AM
Subscriber
I hear you, i honestly like poly better than nurbs in most cases

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 5 29-10-2002 , 09:22 AM
Supreme Being
nice start.. :p

# 6 29-10-2002 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber
nice
bl on the blueprints man

# 7 29-10-2002 , 01:33 PM
Sweet, cant wait to see it finished=)