Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 09-06-2014 , 09:43 PM

3D Still

Just started working with textures this morning. Quite a bit left to do. Let me know what ya'll think. Mine is on the left user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-06-2014 , 06:38 AM
The thin red line
Looking good Jenkins, I would have a displacement map for the wood to bring the texture out a little. For the keys I would use a mia x shader set to preset copper (change the preset colour to match the ref better) with this you will need to create some reflection maps or reflective lighting then I would bake this so I could take of to photoshop for so grunging.............dave

Edit:forgot to say add a little bump to the copper shader so that bakes out

Last edited by daverave; 10-06-2014 at 07:07 AM.
# 3 10-06-2014 , 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
It's getting there. Yeah the scratches, oxidization etc need to be tailored to the key rather than using random procedural noise. Also looking at the reflections in the original, you'll need to simulate the environment behind the camera too.

- Genny
# 4 10-06-2014 , 07:19 PM
Thanks for your reply Dave, I will definitely try the copper preset and see what kind of results I get.

# 5 10-06-2014 , 07:22 PM
You're right Gen, although it isn't a procedural, it sure does resemble one haha. But I'll dive in there and see if I can match the reference as precisely as possible. Hopefully I can find a nice HDR to get the environment reflections. Thanks for your reply!