Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 04-10-2008 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber

taking out the halos on layer renders

hi all,

I'm trying to render a scene in layers but when I do I get a slightly black outline on the foreground layer when its against the background in compositing. I'm wondering if you guys knew a way in maya or after effects to reduce that black outline so that it looks like it belongs to the background more. I know this is a common problem but I still haven't figured it out.

thanks a bunch,
Dan

# 2 04-10-2008 , 10:22 AM
if I remember correctly theres something that you need to check to stop it, I've got iut jottd down in my scrap book at work, its some thing like premultiply in the render settings, I got it off highend 3d,

https://www.highend3d.com/maya/tutori...-life-302.html

found it, come on, beers??

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 04-10-2008 , 10:32 AM
Subscriber
omg dude you are the man! I was actually looking for that turtle tutorial again. I remember reading it years ago but I wasn't able to find it recently. thanks a bunch manuser added imageuser added image user added image user added image user added image user added image user added image

Last edited by danotronXX; 04-10-2008 at 10:37 AM.