Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 03-04-2003 , 03:58 AM

Help! Anyone Know how to Rig a Car for Animation?

Sup bros. I'm new to this form and Maya so prepare for some dumb questions. I will be animating a car and need some help\advice on how to rig it. Basically, I want to have suspension working and the front tries turning and spinning at the same time.

I want to have a good method of control too for stoping the car and breaking. I can control the tires steering when I slect one tire and then the other and they rotate around the first tires pivot but I can't figure out how to group or parent it to work. Any suggestions or links with infomation. Thanks!

# 2 03-04-2003 , 04:05 AM
Pic.

# 3 03-04-2003 , 05:31 AM
first of all you need to look into expressions. Expressions are mathematically set of rules you define for how you want objects to behave.

take a look at those in the manuals before going any further!

Good luck ..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S