Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 13-12-2006 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber

ermmm what the?

hey guys, while i was just listening to some music and replying to simply maya i hear my song playing while some other song just interupts and starts playing aswell as my other one is.. soo im listening to them songs at the same time which is hard.

im listening to abit of rock and for some reason i hear some fluet like from romeo and juliet old school band style... i though it was a website i have got opended or it was my itunes since thats what i only use to listen to music with.

so i closed all my programs like msn, itunes, and all my internet exploreres and websites which so nothing was running on my computer but the only thing was on which was my speakers still which the wierd fluet sound was still playing for some reason. so i turn off my speakers and turn it back on which makes it stop.

can anyone explain that? is it some sort of interference or something... but im only using my computer speakers...

Last edited by marlonjohn; 13-12-2006 at 05:39 PM.
# 2 13-12-2006 , 05:40 PM
Spooky!

# 3 13-12-2006 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by The Architect
Spooky!

tell me about it, im freaked out... user added image

# 4 13-12-2006 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber
its 3:43am here in melbourne and im hearing it again every minute now and it just keeps on repeating itself but this time it is different sound.. first i hear some guy singing then i start to hear planes land or take off.. then i hear like some girl say, something something something gate1, gate2 etc.. then next i hear these europian guys talking like there at a party then i can hear them talk and music in the backround...

i have woken up my dad at 3:43am in the morning and told him to listen to it and he dosn't know what is going on.. lol he thinks its very wierd.

Ived actually recorded the sound off it from holding my microphone to the speaker and if any of you guys wanna listen to it, feel free try to download it if you want. its in a zip file and is about 7.68mb. it is a audio file.
(steps to download)
1 - https://www.filefactory.com/file/394ee1/
2 - Download for free with FileFactory Basic
3 - click here to begin download

hope we can find the mystory to this .... bye - marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 13-12-2006 at 10:57 PM.
# 5 13-12-2006 , 10:30 PM
user added image Sounds like you've got some haunted speakers. Like that movie 'White Noise'.

But seriously, that's weird. I can't listen to the file now cus I'm at work, but I can't wait to listen when I get home. Maybe it's interference of some sort. Maybe from a cell phone, tv, or radio, or something.

Can you make out anything they are saying? Maybe it is a sign for you....:p

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 6 14-12-2006 , 12:57 AM
Subscriber
holy water should fix the problem lol

# 7 14-12-2006 , 10:00 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by erictacti
user added image Sounds like you've got some haunted speakers. Like that movie 'White Noise'.

But seriously, that's weird. I can't listen to the file now cus I'm at work, but I can't wait to listen when I get home. Maybe it's interference of some sort. Maybe from a cell phone, tv, or radio, or something.

Can you make out anything they are saying? Maybe it is a sign for you....:p

haha maybe i do have haunted speakers eric user added image i shall watch the movie white noise now lol... yeah maybe it is interference of some sort but i dont get why me? how is that possible.. me picking up things from the air threw my desktop speakers :|

i cant really hear what they are they but you can tell what you can hear if you get me. at the end of the the audio file, if you crank up the volume which i did, you can hear some girl saying something about luggage and like idle 2 or gate 2 something like that. maybe it is a sign for me lol...

Originally posted by jali
holy water should fix the problem lol

ahaha i agree... im trying to atm but have no clues where to start

# 8 14-12-2006 , 01:46 PM
Interference hey? Or huanted speakers?

I remember once my dad plugged the sound input from a tv tuner card into the sound card's aux. input. You could hear static if the digital tuner wasn't on or whatevers on that channel when its on in the background.

Any chance you have a similar setup?

If not, I hear if you auction huanted items on ebay, you get lots of $$. Just make sure people sign contracts not to sue you if anything happens...

# 9 14-12-2006 , 02:12 PM
Subscriber
Hey The Architect, nah i dont think its not my tv tuner because i dont really have one to be honest user added image

If not, I hear if you auction huanted items on ebay, you get lots of $$. Just make sure people sign contracts not to sue you if anything happens...

hahaha ... wow people take haunted things seriously huh lol, ahaha yeah id hate to be sued if something happen... thanks for the comment Architect and the rest of the guys..

# 10 15-12-2006 , 07:19 AM
It's nothing weird at all. In fact it's a natural occurance. The wires in your speakers are acting like radio antennae. When you run electricity through a wire it acts like an antennae. Do you live near an airport? If not then you may be picking up transmissions from airplanes as the pass overhead.

There are so many radio waves travelling in the air at one thime you never know what you'll pick up. The two guys talking at the party? Probably exactly that. They happen to be talking on a cell phone. Cell phones use microwaves to transmit their signals. Do you live near any microwave towers?

The guy singning... a local radio station.

Want some real fun? Strip a wire, wrap it tight around a piece of copper and juice it up with voltage. Voila! An electromagnet! user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 11 15-12-2006 , 09:27 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by dave_baer
It's nothing weird at all. In fact it's a natural occurance. The wires in your speakers are acting like radio antennae. When you run electricity through a wire it acts like an antennae. Do you live near an airport? If not then you may be picking up transmissions from airplanes as the pass overhead.

There are so many radio waves travelling in the air at one thime you never know what you'll pick up. The two guys talking at the party? Probably exactly that. They happen to be talking on a cell phone. Cell phones use microwaves to transmit their signals. Do you live near any microwave towers?

hey Dave, your exactly right and you said the same thing as my brother. probably the coil's in the speakers were so tangled around enough so it acts like an antenna.

the question you asked which were, "Do you live near an airport? & Do you live near any microwave towers?". my anwser is yes to both of them really...i live about 15km's from the nearest airport and about 3-4 km's to acouple of big(there really massive, one of the poles is about 150meteres+) radio/transmiting/microwave antennas.

Want some real fun? Strip a wire, wrap it tight around a piece of copper and juice it up with voltage. Voila! An electromagnet! user added image

ahaha yeah ived tried that in class ... pretty fasinating user added image also today i have heard lots more things such as an american old man is talking to his docter about his illness or what not, didnt want to be rude so i turned off speakers ... later on that day ived been starting to hear a techno beat which goes for 30 secs but has been reaping itself for about 1hour, so i just reseted my computer so i dont hear that sound and and can listen to my own music.. hehe user added image

well thanks for reply guys, didnt really think this would get alot of replys. looks like this mystory is solved but not 100% sure that but most likely it is,

cheers guys, marlon

Last edited by marlonjohn; 16-12-2006 at 08:56 AM.
# 12 15-12-2006 , 04:47 PM
I used to get this quite alot with taxis. Basically it is just an amplitude modulated signal that gets converted by the wire into an electrical current which vibrates the speakers. creepy, but not unnatural.

Last edited by Radical Edward; 15-12-2006 at 04:49 PM.
# 13 15-12-2006 , 05:33 PM
Simple solution: re-arrange the speakers. Put them in a different location.

But look at the bright side. You could be hearing all this through your braces, if you had them. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 14 16-12-2006 , 03:19 AM
Hmm. I'm not sure that interference is causing this... I know that wires (or metal object) can act as an antennae but if it was to recieve transmissions from things like cell phones (unlikely as wires are very bad at being antennae), those transmissions are usually encoded or something so you would hear something other than clear distinct vioces and stuff. I mean, my mobile sometimes interferes with the car radio and you just hear beeping that lasts for a few moments and thats all, you wouldn't hear vioces even if I talked into it.

# 15 16-12-2006 , 05:16 AM
Subscriber
I wish my speakers would do that. It might make hours of work more interesting.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge