Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 25-08-2007 , 06:11 AM

Navarro- half ninja/ half zorro

Hi everyone, i spend alot of time looking at all of the posts that are made on these forums. I have been working on a project for the past few months.

My actual first character model for my class at school. The class was Animation 1 but i spent most of the time modeling and making my textures. I was able to rig his bone structure to the skin but i had a horrible time painting weights. Even still i wasnt able to get the weights down completely.

Even now, he is still unfinished. I wanted to make a texture for his body armor and the rest of his armor. But i ran completely out of time!

Just thought i would post some pics of him for crits and whatnot. thanks =)

Criticisms are very welcome!

first, his weapons. his dual Katanas

user added image
user added image

Next this is a full body pic of Navarro

user added image
user added image

This is a closer frontal shot of him.

user added image

And this last one just to show a close up of his face, which is what i spent the most time on. >_< I made polygonal hair because i lacked the time and the knowledge to use the hair feature. I also didnt give Navarro Eyelashes because.. i didnt know how to mess with alpha channels, i could have made the texture but i have no clue on making the black dissapear on the texture. =/

user added image

oh and one last one showing off my crappy glove texture v.v

user added image

Any criticism welcome!

I had a tough time painting the skin weights, the tutorial i was using had the model in polygon form while painting the weights but when i did that and tried to convert my poly to subdivision, the skin detached itself from the bone. =/ At least i got a good grade for the amount of work i put into him.

-Julio

Last edited by laranis29; 25-08-2007 at 06:17 AM.
# 2 25-08-2007 , 11:21 AM
Jr.Who
Cool model, but his eyes just don’t seem right to me.
user added image

# 3 25-08-2007 , 03:40 PM
i suggest brightening up the black colored things. in real life its not that black.

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 4 25-08-2007 , 10:32 PM
Subscriber
Hey man!! Cant wait to see it animated.. I will post my toon here too.

myspace - www.myspace.com/seansilasexperimental
# 5 26-08-2007 , 07:04 AM
Subscriber
Looking nice, better than what i could do :p

Crits are that it is abit to dark.

Yeah cant wait to see this animated...