Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 24-09-2007 , 03:35 PM
Subscriber

New clip up on YouTube...watcha think?

I found a cool After Effects tutorial and thought I'd try it out on an animation I did. I created the airship and airplane some time ago (there was a thread on the airship in WIP) and finally got around to doing something with them!

Obviously it could look more convincing, but enjoy it just the same! Comments welcome; the animation is HERE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjrI2ZvH_uE

Regards to one and all (now off to my very analog 2D animation job! :-) )

"Ad astra per aspera..."
# 2 24-09-2007 , 03:48 PM
Subscriber
Nice job Jim,

the style of your work always puts a smile on my face. You said yourself that it could look more convincing (no arguments there) but it's great none the less.

Take it easy,

Mat.

# 3 24-09-2007 , 04:20 PM
Hey Jim

I like it, lover the ageing of the film, I cant quite remember the actual term of the "blotches" on the screeen, something like "Vinegar Syndrome" where the some bacteria eatc away at the film and gives of acetic acid as it munches through it. (went to the north west film archive once to get some footage for a project and they told us about it)

Nice work

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 26-09-2007 , 03:06 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the compliments! And gster, you are correct. Apparently, the "crud" on old film is there largely because bacteria/mold/mildew ate away at the celluloid film (celluloid is organic whereas its replacement, acetate, is not).

It's a fun effect. I just have to make sure I resist the temptation to overuse it! :-)

"Ad astra per aspera..."