Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 22-11-2021 , 05:03 PM

how to reduce maya fbx file size?

hey there

i am working now as freelance i create game assets for someone request this thing will be for mobile device he request small file size

the file only contain one helmet but the Fbx file size is 45KB i am not sure is this normal for single object or there is chance to reduce it

what i did:
1- scene optimize no hidden object.
2- i export only the selected mesh as Fbx no light and camera etc.
3- i delete the history and freezed the transformation.

image contain poly count and tri count

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-11-2021 , 08:11 PM
SM Tea Boy
it's normal a game developer probably won't be using the fbx rather they will just use that to extract the model out of, I'd say you're not going to get it much smaller than that sir there is a certain amount of overhead in the fbx format about 21kb just to save out a single poly box

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 23-11-2021 , 07:51 AM
i manged to reduce it by 1KB!!! by running cleanup and i get rid of extra hidden Geometry

And i agree completely with you there is nothing more to do all my search result end up with the 3 steps above + this new one to optimize the mesh. there is another way to link the objects to each others " this helpfull in duplicated objects" but this wont help in my case
because i am looking to reduce Fbx not MA

i have no idea about the extra load in the file before Thanx for teaching me this information.

# 4 09-04-2022 , 07:25 AM
I also want to know how to reduce maya fbx file size and I am glad I have found my answer here. I have also found the https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/domyessay/ website link when I was searching for your post link on google search. My brother wants me to help him in searching for an essay writer and I will surely share that website link with my brother.

Last edited by HelenGoetz; 26-04-2022 at 02:28 AM.