Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 09-01-2003 , 05:11 AM
Subscriber

converting files from 3ds

does@‚‚Ž‚™‚‚Ž‚…@‚‹ Ž‚‚—@‚ˆ‚‚—@‚”‚@ ‚ƒ‚‚Ž‚–‚…‚’‚”@‚† ‰‚Œ‚…‚“@‚†‚’‚‚@ R‚„‚“@‚‚‚˜@‚”‚@ ‚‚‚™‚@‚†‚‰‚Œ‚…‚ “@‚‰@‚”‚’‚‰‚…‚„@ …‚˜‚‚‚’‚”‚‰‚Ž‚‡ @‚”‚@‚‰‚‡‚“@‚‚Ž‚ @‚‚“‚ƒ‚‰‚‰D

# 2 09-01-2003 , 06:03 AM
What the....?

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 09-01-2003 , 06:24 AM

Re: converting files from 3ds

Originally posted by thebrianproject
does@‚‚Ž‚™‚‚Ž‚…@‚‹ Ž‚‚—@‚ˆ‚‚—@‚”‚@ ‚ƒ‚‚Ž‚–‚…‚’‚”@‚† ‰‚Œ‚…‚“@‚†‚’‚‚@ R‚„‚“@‚‚‚˜@‚”‚@ ‚‚‚™‚@‚†‚‰‚Œ‚…‚ “@‚‰@‚”‚’‚‰‚…‚„@ …‚˜‚‚‚’‚”‚‰‚Ž‚‡ @‚”‚@‚‰‚‡‚“@‚‚Ž‚ @‚‚“‚ƒ‚‰‚‰D

ummmm.....do you think we could get this in English?

"tengo el gato en los pantalones" - Martin Lawrence - Blue Streak
# 4 09-01-2003 , 07:22 PM
The easiest way I found is to have a friend with 3dsMax convert it to a file Maya recognizes.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
-Bilbo Baggins
# 5 09-01-2003 , 07:59 PM
One good way to get entire scenes (as in, meshes, textures, lights, cameras, animation, etc.) transfered from Max to Maya is to use the Filmbox format from Kaydara. You can download the plugin here:

https://www.kaydara.com

There is a plugin package for just about every major 3D program out there. I routinely use it to move stuff back and forth between Max and Maya. It works quite well.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 09-01-2003 , 08:00 PM
Subscriber
if the files are 3ds format than you can download a plugin from AW that allows you to inport these files.

# 7 10-01-2003 , 06:57 PM
Subscriber

Thanks everyone

thanks a lot... sorry about the weird jiberish at the top I was using a japanese keyboard, and I guess everything except "does' didn't translate. I think i got the answer i was looking for though. Thanks!

# 8 14-01-2003 , 10:35 PM
how can i import a model from max w/o it being triangulated?

:-)
# 9 15-01-2003 , 02:46 PM
Subscriber
not sure but can you not quadrangulate it?

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com