Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-03-2019 , 05:57 PM

HELP! - Playback gives Memory Usage Error

Hello friends,

Can someone please help me solve this issue? I've been using Maya for one week. I'm doing an Autodesk tutorial (see link below). Just a simple spaceship moving across the screen. When I try to play back the animation I get a memory full warning.

I am using a Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop with 8 GB RAM, Intel UHD Graphics 620, Intel i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60 GHz.

I tried changing cached playback RAM to 90%. Still got the error. I had to reduce FPS to 16, and the best playback I can do right now is a 4 second clip at 16 FPS (48 Frames with only 3 keyframes).

This doesn't make sense. I notice the hardware requirements on the Animation Mentor school website says: 4GB RAM (8GB recommended) and 64-bit Intel or AMD multi-core processor. And they are doing very complicated 3D character animations. Have you seen their demo reels? And I can't even make a simple ship float across the screen?

I have 8GB RAM. So, why isn't it working?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help,

Greg

# 2 25-03-2019 , 06:04 PM

Forgot to mention

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I am running Windows 10, and that the 4 second animation I ran at 16 FPS used up 4GB RAM according to Task Manager. If I try to increase any variable, such as the length of the clip, or the frame-rate, I get the memory full error.