SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Dynamics & Special Effects / Particles won't die (lifespan not working)

Dynamics & Special Effects Maya Particles, nDynamics, Fluids, Rigid Bodies & General VFX

Join the conversation. Reply to post

16-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #1
EliasLeonard

Particles won't die (lifespan not working)
So I'm super new to maya and I'm trying to create some snow particles.

Quick explenation:
A character is sliding on it's butt over some snow and some snow clumps etc should be flying away.
Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymA7OFZ9lF0

I set the Lifespan to Constant: 2 (so it should only live 2 frames), but they live forever.
I also tried Random range, which was my original intention, but this doesn't work either.

The particles are emitted from an "Emit from object" emitter. I duplicated the faces on his butt and use these faces to emit the particles from, which works.