Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 23-03-2003 , 02:25 AM

Realism-carrot juice

I have decided to join and model a katana. my reference (the real thing, not a model) is leather wrapped, with lots of nice and intricate detail. I have worked on it for about an hour so far, and I have a preliminary image ready.

# 2 23-03-2003 , 02:29 AM

here is the image

here it is- no textures yet, and an incomplete model.
[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\Ben Karon\My Documents\Ben's drawings\katana stage I.bmp[/IMG]

# 3 23-03-2003 , 02:31 AM
oops!it didn't work. how to attatch an image?

# 4 23-03-2003 , 03:23 AM
Subscriber
go to post reply at the bottom the little bubble button
then near the end of the page that comes up click on browse and selct the image you want to post

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 5 23-03-2003 , 08:17 AM
Subscriber
and you could convert it to a .jpeg ... user added image

# 6 23-03-2003 , 03:31 PM
I just did that, and it gave me an error message. let me see if I did it right.

bottom of page> post reply> down to bottom> attatch file> browse> open the file.

# 7 26-03-2003 , 03:09 AM
Subscriber
Are you sure its a valid format? Best bet is to go with a jpeg. Also yes, when you make a new post (reply) then at the bottom where it has the box and the browse beside it, click that and navigate to the pic. Could possibly be the wrong format, cookies disabled (eh, maybe), security on your system, or your through some kinda router or hub and you need to foreward certain ports user added image. Hope you get it working though seeing I want to see your progress, i love swords, katanas especially.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 8 27-03-2003 , 03:56 AM
yet again, a try at posting images. converted to Jpeg and enabled all cookiesuser added image

# 9 27-03-2003 , 03:58 AM

HOORAY!! I CAN PARTICIPATE!

Now that it works, here's a detail of the handle.

# 10 27-03-2003 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
wow nice reflection user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 11 31-03-2003 , 07:01 PM
hey mister moderator man,
I was browsing through the futuristic robot competition where I noticed that there was some kind of eagle thing with only a final render-no progress images. since I couldn't post for awhile, the pictures I posted were the latest...
do you need my progress images?
if you need a view of the modelling window, which I will happily provide, you'll have to tell me how to do a screen capture of the window (not a render) because I don't know how.

# 12 31-03-2003 , 07:06 PM
Subscriber
to capture the screen press ALT-Printscreen (printscreen is found above insert and delete keys)

this puts a copy of the current window in the clipboard - you can paste into a new photshop etc document and crop it down to whatever you want.

cheers

Rich
# 13 01-04-2003 , 01:39 AM
You dont even have to press ALT, just Print Screen will do

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 14 01-04-2003 , 01:55 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
You dont even have to press ALT, just Print Screen will do

that will work too but if you press ALT it will take a screen shot ONLY of the apliaction on Focus and nothing else...

-Emo

# 15 01-04-2003 , 02:29 AM
Subscriber
Yea, a wireframe would be nice user added image. Please, I am aware of the other models and will take that into account. Just remember, that the reason i ask that is because some would just take a model they made over a long period of time, and post a final render, or just another image on the web. A wireframe would show me you made it, and the progress shots would of been even better from the start of the competition. Anyways, its fine this time.. but now that you know how to post images, hopefully it will be fine from now on. BTW, my nickname is M user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com