Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-03-2005 , 08:06 AM

Really new question re: optional panel

I am VERY new, so cut me some slack please. I just started using the tutorials with the program and learning the basic layout and operation.

When the tut advises to create a polygon cylinder it says an options window will open, so I can input the sizes. But it soesn't open. I have found the panel on the right under attribute editor. But it seems easier if the object window would open right away.

What am I doing wrong? Or how can I cahnge the preferences to have the window open?

I checked here and don't seem to find it with a search.

Thanks.

# 2 21-03-2005 , 08:38 AM
Subscriber
I assume you want to see the attribute editor in a separate window? I recommend this setting.
Here's how, in the menu:
Window -> Settings/Preferrences -> Preferrences

In the categories list choose Interface. This should already be selected when you open the above. Set:

Open Attribute Editor to Separate Window.
Open Tool Settings to Separate Window.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 3 21-03-2005 , 08:44 AM

That's it!

It's so easy when you know how! Thanks very much!

# 4 21-03-2005 , 09:01 AM
Subscriber

additional tips...

Also, if you're selecting from a menu. Click the little box icon to right of the menu item (the options box) to open up the option dialog for that item.

Double clicking on a icon in the shelfl should open the attributes editor for that item as well.

One thing you'll quickly find is there are often several ways to get to the same area will navigating.

Another thing I recommend is try click the right mouse button in different windows and over different objects to get some context sensitive options.

AIM: mhcannonDMC

"If you love your job, you'll never work another day in your life."