Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 19-11-2005 , 08:03 PM
hey darijo, i would really like to see that rig.
i tried to download it. but, it doesn't open. can you please send .ma file??

# 17 20-11-2005 , 09:04 PM

Originally posted by utpal
hey darijo, i would really like to see that rig.
i tried to download it. but, it doesn't open. can you please send .ma file??

Hi!

I sent you the rig on the mail that I've found on your homepage...so give a check!

# 18 02-12-2005 , 05:35 PM
Subscriber
well, im not sure about the toe rigging, but i have a fw suggestions for your animation. I think its an awesome first start and great job compositing, but i dont feel that the motion is very convincing with the walk.
- make sure there is more of a bonce in the step...when you watch someone walk there is a lot of vertical movement.
- side to side movement...right now the center of balance is right in the middle, it should shift to the foot thats bearing weight.
- on top of the body going up-down-side-side make the head bob the same direction but a few frames later (seperate and overlap)

It looks good so far, but i think if you add these elements it will look loads more convincing.

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 19 02-12-2005 , 05:51 PM
Subscriber
...actually, the approach of the house looks a lot better than some of the other walk.

also, before he leaps of it would be a nice touch to have some anticipation for the last leap by rearing back first.

What I lack in skill I make up for with enthusiasm.
# 20 05-12-2005 , 08:38 PM
Thanks, Badtertle.

I was really over my head with that T-rex project. Everything I did on that one was for the first time. My first model, rig, paint, animaton, lighting, compositing. When I started, I didn't realize how hard everything would be! And now, a year later, it's still hard but I've learned a few more things. I can't wait to show you guys my latest project. It's kind of weird but cool. I won't tell you what it is but I'll tell you that it has something to do with an animated creature jumping out of my body. I'm animating the "creature" now. So far it's a little bit better than the animation I did on the "T-rex walking down the street" project. Stay tuned. user added image