Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-05-2011 , 02:37 AM
Ironegg

Transformation Tools Not Showing Up in Different Perspectives?

Hey all, these are quickies:

How come my transformation tools (rotator, move, and scale tool) don't appear in my perspective screens. Like, when I go to side view, or front view, or back view etc... the tool doesn't show up on the object I've selected, yet, it shows up in perspective view. Its not jumping to the origin or anything, just doesn't show up period.

Second one- again when I go to my side view or front view etc.. I used to be able to have each screen displaying one of each view, but now, whenever I click the perspective box in the upper right corner of the screens to change to a different view, all other screens follow suit. Like I cant change one without the others automatically changing as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
~Nick

# 2 20-05-2011 , 06:14 PM
The thin red line
I think the fix for both is (rename) your maya preference folder in mydocuments,maya.2009x64, UserPrefs. Restart maya this will set it back to defaults (this will delete any custome button and hot keys).........dave

# 3 21-05-2011 , 01:26 AM
Ironegg
Thanks daverave. Actually the tool not showing up in different screens seemed to fix itself over night. Wouldn't be a first. However, im just a little confused by what you meant. I rename my maya preference folder ==> maya.2009x64? Also, is this the only way to rest maya back to defaults. Its seems like a strange way to reset it. I mean, that could just be me though.

~Nick

# 4 21-05-2011 , 08:50 AM
The thin red line
Thats the way to reset the preferences, Im using maya 2009 thats way my path is that way. No you can go into windows,preferences and change the if you know what you are looking for...........dave