Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 07-02-2018 , 10:19 PM

Transform constraints - annoying sticky 'slide' option

My dear dear pros, I need your help with 'transform constrains' option user added image
I just updated Maya to 2018 version and now everytime I create a new edge loop the slide option is being automatically applied to it. To every tool - move, rotate, scale... I know how to turn it off but it's madly annoying.
Any ideas what am I doing wrong here? Or is it just Maya being mean? user added image

Thank you!

# 2 05-03-2021 , 05:53 PM
I agree, it is very annoying. I don't know why it keeps activating but when I go into the UV editor to move uvs, it just slides. I have to keep going to the move options to turn off transform constraints while wondering what turned it on. It's very annoying and would like to permanently disabled it. I haven't needed that feature since starting to use Maya version 3 and doubt I would ever need it. If there is a way to permanently disable it off on Maya 2018, please inform us. Thanks