Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 01-03-2006 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber

ToothBrush.

Hey folks, ok maybe pretty simple but im not sure how to go about make the bristles for a toothbrush, any suggestions would be appreciated user added image
Thanks.
Sy

# 2 01-03-2006 , 07:09 PM
What about fur or hair? Group it tightly together in circle shapes then duplicate and move into position?

Or use a Cylinder and texture map it if the details are not too important?

# 3 01-03-2006 , 07:35 PM
Subscriber
never used hair yet,! ill give that way a go. Thanks. i wanted it to be high detail, so just texturing wouldnt b good enough.

# 4 01-03-2006 , 11:31 PM
lots of little modeleld cylinders, each modified a tiny bit... mayb about 6 or 7 variations, and then you group them how u want

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 5 02-03-2006 , 10:09 AM
use PFX dude, i wos suprised with the results but if u check out my jelly fish PFX are suprisingly good, + u can alter every detail or them, you could make it quite dense with no curves or bends, or maby just a little if u wont it to look a bit used? Like the ends bend up due to brushing too hard? If you go onto my thread, in the W.I.P section about jellyfish there is a post on the first page about a tutorial follow that to make tenticles and then just do a lot of tweaking until you get what you need.

# 6 02-03-2006 , 10:17 AM
Subscriber
cheers guys.
ill take a look Jhubbard, ty user added image