Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 31-03-2006 , 04:29 PM

Gangster Dave

Thought I might as well post something on the site that's finished. My current project is here

This is something that i created in the first year of my animation degree. Essentially the first modelling project i had in maya was to create an 'alien humanoid' as in an alien character that is posing as a human (confusing i know) so i created a story about an alien who happened to land in 1930's chicago. His name was Dave, Gangster Dave.

user added image

user added image

user added image

In the second year I had to create a 15 second animation to a sound file. To do this I created a bust of a character, this character was the reworking of Dave, here is a render of the character and a link to the animation.

user added image

Video link here

# 2 03-04-2006 , 08:07 PM
Subscriber
haha man that last video was scary. A crippled dude on a whatever you call it.lol It's really cool, I noticed some muscle movements. user added image Is there a video for the top one also?

# 3 03-04-2006 , 10:20 PM
lol, I had never thought that it would be viewed that way but the guy isn't supposed to be crippled, we only had to make a bust of the character.

The first guy was actually the first project I ever created in 3D. there are no animations for him as the brief only required rendered shots. And there is no chance of myself going back and making an animation with him as he is so badly modelled I can't even stand to look at him anymore user added image

# 4 03-04-2006 , 10:24 PM
Subscriber
lol Yeah I know its a bust, I was just poking fun. And the model above looks pretty cool me, I don't know what you're talking about. You can probably just tweak something here and there, but I'd love to see that in animation. Maybe have him fire his uzi. user added image

# 5 05-04-2006 , 02:41 PM
Subscriber
i like his gun..
is he a tap dancer?

A pint of example is worth a gallon of advice!!
# 6 05-04-2006 , 03:44 PM
Subscriber
that looks nice i like the fist pic

ermm.. just a tip wen i light stuff at night i use a light that has a tint of blue to it as it can work well but not always mayb something to consider fo ur next project (unless uve done it now)

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 7 05-04-2006 , 05:03 PM
thanks for the advice,

This was literally the first thing I did in Maya so I hadn't actually been taught anything about lighting at the time, the image is about 2 years old. The image itself only has one spotlight in it, and it pains me to look at it sometimes. I may redo the scenes at some point, but i'll need to finish of modelling the new character to give him arms, legs and a suit.

For the time being though i'm kinda concentrating on my major project.