Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 16-01-2008 , 05:25 AM

one question about maya...>

Hi everyone....i'am from poland and a have problems with simple questions..........can i make own game in this powerfull program like maya is.????? i make my own house's ground tree grass and other stuff but how i can transport everything to a EXE file so i can share with my friends or show someone....mayby i miss something????????????????????????????????
maybe someone give me some list of programs i need to transport all to one file or couple proograms....
i wonna make game like sillent hill or obscure2 or resident evil.
please light meuser added image
i'am new in this world and i freakout..help

# 2 16-01-2008 , 02:32 PM
The Maya Mountain
Maya can be used to generate art assets, but to make a playable game, you need a game engine and the programming know-how to make things work.

# 3 17-01-2008 , 03:22 AM
i sorry i sent my anser like a now thread sorry sorry....... really sorry:bow:

i read some about the engine to game and now i know without engine will not by any game i am so silly what i was thinging... but i found something like this....please tell me can i use'it...> https://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/ or if i read good https://apocalyx.sourceforge.net/ or https://forum.blender3d.pl/
mayby ther is many more engine free but i can't find.
I know it will be not easy to do enything by myself
now what i can doo??????????? do you know any program any...from i can wrigght my own engine some simple to do a good game like sillent hill or obscure2 or know some engine can i use???? really wonna make my own game or try i don't wonna giveup just like that.... first time i i use maya it was hard to do enything now i build houses tree and other stuff so maybe i can wright my own engine or base in someone i thing!!
i look on your web and wow neve be that good i thing some people was born to this
----------------------------------------------------------------------->
People can help others people if they...

# 4 17-01-2008 , 03:35 PM
As Zbrushiac sounds stupid!
Even if you do manage to find a solid Game engine. Your still going to have a TON of work on your hands. It's Takes big studios, like Epic, and ID, months, and months, to create a Game, even if they use a preexisting game engine. AND thats with large numbered groups of Highly experienced, and talented Individuals.

Being a noob, as you are. This would be a NIGHTMARE!!! You would have to take on the rolls of: Designer, Character Modeler, Animator, Prop Modeler, Level Modeling/editing, Programmer, Lighter, Rigger, texture artist, ect, ect, ect...

I would recommend joining a MOD project, there are plenty of them online. All looking for people to create Game assets, for them. This would be a great opportunity for you to get your feet wet, and to see just how much work goes into just simply Moding a Game.

Then you can start to look into creating your own game, once you have an idea what sort of a challenge your in for.

user added image

www.stevenegan-cgi.com

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."
[long pause] "Friend!!"
# 5 18-01-2008 , 01:40 AM
thanks you got right i will do that i will find people who try make some game online and try work with them.....maybe somday a will make my own game but i will never stop trying a will learn more about this game productionuser added image thanks again....now i learn hoe use zbrush its so cool just like play with toy's user added image