Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 27-12-2012 , 11:42 PM
Subscriber

Physically Accurate Lighting in mental ray - tutorial

Where can i find the obj file that's mentioned in the first video as being past of the project files for non-2013 users? I actually have 2013, but when I open the file for the start of lesson 3 and try to add physical sun and sky, i get a message that says "error: setAttr: No object matches name: unknown1.pedestal".

I've set the project properly, but can't figure out the error.. so I'm not sure if just starting with a clean obj file would be less of a hassle.. any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

# 2 28-12-2012 , 12:26 AM
Subscriber
I guess my brain is going a little slower than I'd liek today... but I just exported the obj from 2013 amd I'm going to try it with 2012. Not sure why, but even with 2013 the files just don't want to work with me... so many errors with using physical sun and sky. I uninstalled and reinstalled after deleting preferences didn't work. Not sure if anyone else has been having problems with the files :/

# 3 28-12-2012 , 06:43 AM
SM Tea Boy
Did you try the scene_all_versions.ma?

If your still having problems let me know i'll do an fbx for you. Maya 2013 to 2012 comparability is not good for scene files

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"