Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-08-2004 , 06:29 PM

THE BEST BEGINNERS MAYA BOOK

I have looked all over the internet for a decent book on learning maya for beginners. I have already bought "The Art of Maya", after reading about it on variuos websites, considered it a given. But now i want the book that will actually teach me how to use maya, just one book. Ive looked at Dariush Derakhshani 's "Introducing Maya 6: 3D for Beginners " but was sceptic becuase of the price , i have also thought about Alias's own "Learning Maya 6 | Foundation". The tutorials looked weak. I Searched all over the internet for reviews, but all i could find are 2 sentence, one sided, descriptions of customers experiences with the book.But could not pick one or the other, if there is another book out there under 50$USD, then PLZ post Soon.

Thank you so Much!!! user added image

"Hey!! Wait I got a new complaint...
Forever in debt to your priceless advice."
# 2 25-08-2004 , 02:00 PM
Subscriber

# 3 29-08-2004 , 06:51 AM
I just bought Introducing Maya 6: 3D for Beginners a couple of weeks back and just finished all the modeling sections. I think it's a pretty good book and I like how the author wrote it. It's easy to understand and follow what he's trying to get across.

I've dabbled in 3D for a couple of years so this book is perfect for one that's ready to plunk down and start learning 3D with Maya.

# 4 04-09-2004 , 01:58 AM
I need some books too...

Some people in my computer class were reading the Art of Maya, the kids who i thought would never...do maya in their life (heh-heh) and they were doing animation, I mean they cant model..but ya.

I have a budget though, just spent a ton of money on rock climbing gear user added image

Addis

# 5 04-09-2004 , 02:02 AM
Subscriber
maya fundamentals is always a good place to start, tho i admit, i bought the book but never finished it user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 6 04-09-2004 , 02:33 AM
Hey Simon, didnt know you went on this site

I want the vtms but i cant get points.

I'll check that book out, i think we have it at school.

www.addisdesigns.com

Powdered Milkman!