Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 06-02-2008 , 08:05 AM

Oceanic scene

Well I am tryoing to make an ocean scene,I have a lovely wave like nurb pane within a skybox and am using a water (glass shader) with changes liek coloration and so on but is there a way to animate(I know there is)
the waves with white cpas and so on without maya fluid ?(I ahev the LP edition) I am tying to perfect the water shader and do the bump maping for the ripples but would love a second or so of waves like in a storm.
I ma not that expeirenced but would like to try to do this.
Thanks user added image
Josh

# 2 06-02-2008 , 09:19 AM
Subscriber
from memory

try (im not good at this but.., ) selecting your nurbs wave.., make sure you have a lot of resolution.., say 50 by 50.., (hopefully you have already made it into a passive soft body) add turbulence from 'fields' .., add some magnitude (channel box) ., add phase direction., so the waves move in a direction., you dont need to key frame anything (although most do)..,

what else?? umm?? mess with the conserve.., now im guessing.., but if no one else will answer .., thats something you can try and you might hit on something.

i know i have forgot something important??

take it easy and life will be easy
# 3 06-02-2008 , 05:04 PM
Okay I can do that I will look into it (I understad but just enough) I will try doing that but will refresh myself with the
tutorial about bodies and what you said.
Thanks
(man I am such a newbie ):headbang:

Last edited by jm82792; 06-02-2008 at 05:09 PM.
# 4 06-02-2008 , 11:09 PM
Subscriber
conserve off.., i think.., look.., ill have a look tonight and have a go at this.., water is very important and one can do such cood FX with it.., i saw a very cheesy advertisement on TV last night., a car add.., the car went from car.., to it being made (morphing) to water and then it 'splashed; onto the floor.., i thought.., man how un imaginative.., how over done this trick is.., how much did they pay for this piece of 'hey look what i can do' .., but the potential for interesting work still remains.., and at the very least one should be able to make 'waves.'

i might have a go at it now.., but im working on my cartoon car.., decisions decisions.., so much to do so little time user added image

take it easy and life will be easy