Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 16-11-2016 , 03:55 AM

Floating objects not floating in batch render

I have a calm ocean with a physical sun and sky and a custom cloud fluid in the sky, and polygonal objects parented to floating object on the ocean surface.

It takes my computer 20 minutes to render each frame of this HD animation so I'm pretty disappointed to find out after a day of rendering that the object aren't floating in the animation.

If I playback the animation in Maya, the objects float as expected. But after running the batch render, everything works(The day/night cycle I animated, the clouds, the subtle ocean waves), but my floating objects are completely still. user added image

# 2 16-11-2016 , 01:09 PM
SM Tea Boy
did you cache out the floating object? If you did not then that's the most likely cause of the failure.

David user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"