Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 24-07-2007 , 02:05 AM

Hy[ershader - Need Help

Right, so I'm modeling a candy Cane, just for, you know, practice?

I've been fiddling around, and I've set a curvature, and modeled it etc.. I decided I want to colour it in. I found the hyper shade tool and chose a blinn. I looked at the Blinn properties, and looked at colour. I set the 2d settings to Normal, and chose a Ramp. I organized the ramp to look like a white and red candy cane. I closed the box, right clicked on the blinn, and clicked Assign shader to object. Nothing happened?? I checked the Command box and it said something like: /:Result:Blinn 1/ or something like that?? I kept trying and my candy cane just WOULDNT shade! I'm on Maya 8.5, I need help please..Thanks

# 2 24-07-2007 , 02:36 AM
Are you certain that you are in shaded mode? (Shortcut is to hit 4 or 5 i think, its hard to remember what number it is without Maya) user added image

# 3 24-07-2007 , 03:35 AM
Jr.Who
You might want to try hitting 6 on the keyboard.
user added image

# 4 24-07-2007 , 04:16 AM
Hmm isnt it
4-> wire
5-> shaded
6-> lightened

Bah I will see what it is when I get home. user added image

# 5 24-07-2007 , 05:12 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Weyu
Hmm isnt it
4-> wire