Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 26-07-2003 , 09:09 PM

Originally posted by Nem
3 hours ever since i left school, which was about a month and a bit ago, so about 90hrs in the last month?

user added image
Kids these days ...

# 17 26-07-2003 , 09:10 PM
I sleep somewhat the same as all of the guys.
It really depends. :p
Her home or mine?

# 18 27-07-2003 , 12:19 AM
5-6.5 at most for me.

Get up around6:30am to be to work by 8.
Work till 7pm, go to bed around 12-1am.

Havn't killed anyone yet.... that I am aware of.... hehe.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 19 27-07-2003 , 06:52 PM

do you want to participate in a medical resaerch program?

Originally posted by Nem
3 hours ever since i left school, which was about a month and a bit ago, so about 90hrs in the last month?

:saywhat:
LoL
I have some student psychiatrists friends that would be interested in studying you, thats outside of the human boundaries, man...
You should be damn dead right now (yes you can die of sleep privation) or at least REALLY crazy...
user added image

# 20 27-07-2003 , 07:04 PM
I barely sleep...I do more like...naps...lol

# 21 27-07-2003 , 07:08 PM

Re: How much do you sleep?? zzz I am suffering,

Originally posted by slickrenderer
Ok how many hours do you people sleep? I mean what is your daily average ?

I sleep 5 hours roughly. I want to sleep more but I have to get up @ 5.20 for work and I get back from work around 7-8pm then I do my private design stuff till 12.

Will I self-combust? Are any of you in similar situation? Is there any way I can trick my body into believing that everything is fine?
I did lot of googling and looks like I need minimum 7 hours or I will be heading for serious trouble:-(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Youll pay it later but 5 is the recommended minimum for normal brain functioning. The extra 2-3 hrs are "optional" but maybe youll be more creative sleepin´em

Oh, and your chances of self-combusting are the same no matter the amount of hours you sleep user added image user added image

---------------------------------------------------------
Did you knew that the chances of being stuck by a lightning are grater than that of winning the lottery?user added image

# 22 27-07-2003 , 07:12 PM
Subscriber
what about non-consecutive hours? I read some where tha DaVinci would sleep 2 hours then work like four hours then sleep 2... etc..etc..and he was a pretty creative guy user added image

# 23 27-07-2003 , 07:16 PM

Originally posted by howardporter
what about non-consecutive hours? I read some where tha DaVinci would sleep 2 hours then work like four hours then sleep 2... etc..etc..and he was a pretty creative guy user added image

5 to 8 hrs a day(or more if you are lazyuser added image=ok

# 24 27-07-2003 , 08:57 PM
Subscriber
The average person needs 7-8 hours a night, but it differs for every person. Some people may need as much as 10 hours a night and others need much less. If you sleep longer on the weekends than during the week, you probably aren't getting the sleep you need every night.

Q. Can people make up for lost sleep during the week by sleeping in on weekends?

A. No. If you sleep more on the weekends than during the week – and many of us do – this indicates that you have a "sleep debt." A sleep debt accumulates when you don't get enough sleep. The only way to reduce the debt is to sleep as much as your body needs every night. Make sure you're getting the right quality of sleep as well. Sleep in a cool, dark, quiet room on a comfortable, supportive mattress to get your best night's sleep.

Q. What if there's no time for sleep? What can people do to sleep better?

A. Sleep needs to be a health priority. It affects every aspect of your day-to-day living. If you can't say "yes" to sleep, make sure to make the most out of the sleep you get. Exercise regularly – people who exercise a few times a week sleep better than people who don't. Also, avoid caffeine, alcohol and tobacco products late in the day. All can interfere with sleep. You need to create a restful sleep environment so the sleep you get is restorative and uninterrupted. Sleep in a dark room, on a comfortable, supportive mattress. Keep the room cool and quiet. And if you find yourself too stressed to sleep, make a list of all the things you need to do. Once you've made your to-do list, give yourself permission to relax and sleep. You'll need the energy to tackle your tasks in the morning.

grrrr
# 25 27-07-2003 , 10:03 PM
go buy a medical book on the matter...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Btw, can you introduce me to your avatar? i´d love to be in bed with her 8-10hrs user added image ("had to do it, had to do it...")

Last edited by dragonfx; 27-07-2003 at 10:10 PM.
# 26 27-07-2003 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
4 - 7 hours. no more than 7 because 7 is what you SHOULD need. I can handle the 4-6 hour range, just not all the time. I dont like to waste my day away on sleeping. If your one of those people who goes to bed at midnight or 2 am.. then wakes up at 2 pm, then hell... your really not livin life to its fullest. Go to bed at 12 or whenever, and wake up at 7 or 8. Your day will feel a lot longer and you most likely will NOT be groggy... too much sleep leads to groggyness.

BTW, people like my dad for example, he has some major work to do, lots of plane rides.. just real hard long work. In any case, his body has adjusted so that he can operate off of 5 hours or less of sleep per night, no matter what time it is.. so it doesnt HAVE to be at night.. so he has trained his body to be able to sleep when he has to, go into a deep sleep and get the most out of it. I take it kevin has had to do this as well.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 27-07-2003 at 10:24 PM.
# 27 27-07-2003 , 10:30 PM

Originally posted by M
4 - 7 hours. no more than 7 because 7 is what you SHOULD need.

Mate. An average person should by medical conventions sleep 8 hours.

I think this depends on the person. Maybe your dad can handle 5 hours mine handles 9, so you see, it depends. user added image

I handle myself at a "variable" rate. Maybe one today .. twelve tomorrow.

# 28 27-07-2003 , 10:46 PM
Subscriber
:thumbsup: thanks adl for the correction.. i always thought it was average of 7. I will keep that in mind.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 29 27-07-2003 , 10:48 PM
user added image ... Too much medics around this frigging house.

# 30 27-07-2003 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber
I sleep as long as I can and as often too. I would sleep sitting on the toilette if my wife didnt yell at me. theres nothing like a nice six hour nap to break up the day.