Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 136 25-06-2021 , 10:51 AM
Lifetime Member
Not sure if these do get read but here goes:
I would like to see a tutorial from start to finish on modelling a Ricoh Theta Z1 360 camera.
It requires the ability to mix hard surfaces with glass reflective lens elements with the surfaces being a sort of semi matt finish and some small metal elements..

# 137 25-06-2021 , 06:39 PM
Administrator
Hi MacNimation,
Thanks for your suggestions. It's not a bad idea, it could work as a product shot tutorial. At the moment, we're making a Rocket League car tutorial in Maya, but maybe after that.

All the best,
Nilla

# 138 01-07-2021 , 10:16 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks for the reply. What is stumping me at the moment is the surface of the camera is Convex and there is a "cutout" flat section on it with a circular sloping section but cannot figure it out.

user added image

# 139 01-07-2021 , 10:22 AM
Lifetime Member
I have been asked to come up with something similar to The Witcher Title sequence. Not as complex but similar. If you got a good starting point it would be useful.
Basically I need to have two metallic objects and melting into each other like melting liquid metal morphing from one shape to another. Each shape may have several components also. I am sure it can be done using Bifrost so turning an object into liquid is fine, but morphing one shape into another is challenging me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC1ckolQGh8

# 140 04-07-2021 , 07:38 PM
Administrator
Sounds like you're in for a bit of a challenge. Maybe start a work in progress thread as you go along. Best of luck with it!

# 141 05-06-2022 , 02:24 AM
please create environment cartoon scene modelling techniques like Pixar's and cinematic lighting rendering