Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 46 15-07-2007 , 11:11 AM
Subscriber
back from my first speaking role.., john the mechanic..??

anyway.., did a couple of things

question.., i have done his a million times but must have forgotten?? to add fog to a spot light you just check the box in its AE marked fog. I do that but theres no cone of fog?? Im not talking environmental fog.., just the spotlight?? weird?

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 47 15-07-2007 , 03:54 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
You'll need to scale up the light in order to see whats happening. You can then use the manipulator tool to adjust fall of etc. Check the Maya Help on this.

The one thing about Maya I really hate are bloody scale issues, lights particles blahhhh!!

Scale Schmale!

I have your scene by the way Mirek, Im just trying to find some time to have a good look. But I will say this - Do try to name everything that you create instead of leaving it as poly1 or nurbssurface 345 etc. This isnt very good practice at all especially if you are learning from uni or something. If you end up doing paid work and somebody needs the model, they will hate you for it. I come across this alot on forums where Ive looked at scenes. If you worked in my office and produced this, you would be hit with a polycylinder1 around the chops and severely mocked! So do try and get into the habit of naming your objects. It will also help you at the end of the day, if you think about

Cheers
Jay

# 48 15-07-2007 , 03:55 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
You'll need to scale up the light in order to see whats happening. You can then use the manipulator tool to adjust fall of etc. Check the Maya Help on this.

The one thing about Maya I really hate are bloody scale issues, lights, particles.... blahhhh!!

Scale Schmale!

I have your scene by the way Mirek, Im just trying to find some time to have a good look. But I will say this - Do try to name everything that you create instead of leaving it as poly1 or nurbssurface 345 etc. This isnt very good practice at all especially if you are learning from uni or something. If you end up doing paid work and somebody needs the model, they will hate you for it. I come across this alot on forums where Ive looked at scenes. If you worked in my office and produced this, you would be hit with a polycylinder1 around the chops and severely mocked! So do try and get into the habit of naming your objects. It will also help you at the end of the day, if you think about

Cheers
Jay

# 49 15-07-2007 , 04:18 PM
Subscriber
LOL, man you made the point TWICE??.., I hear you user added image

I forgot about the naming convention.., if I had of thought for a second I would have fixed that before I sent it to you user added image embarrassing! Usually I do, I understand the importance of this for myself and others it may be handed to. This is absolute law in post sound and all areas of film. (as you know)

Jay, i dont do maya at uni.., I do post production sound (honors) in film and video.., and use maya whenever I can sneak it in (the odd project here and there in the topics) .., wish I did do maya at uni.

I will take your suggestions on board in a serious way, I respect your good self and advice and know you dont talk for the sake of it. thanks for the help user added image
user added image

# 50 15-07-2007 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber
bit more light and a bit of modeling

Attached Thumbnails

# 51 17-07-2007 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber
couple more things, a bit of lighting and then the texturing begins..,

Attached Thumbnails

# 52 18-07-2007 , 11:57 AM
Subscriber
and just because I like to see meself on the web..,

Attached Thumbnails

# 53 18-07-2007 , 11:59 AM
Subscriber
uni started today and ..,

anyway, texturing is next.

Attached Thumbnails

# 54 18-07-2007 , 02:31 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
although i'm liking the street scene , i think(personal taste) that the scene has to much lights(intensity).
I liked the image on top of the page more(again personal taste).
Anyhow like the way you are heading

# 55 19-07-2007 , 12:55 AM
Subscriber
thanks, well the lighting is something I have little control of because I haven't a clue what Im doing.

yes, I like that one too, I think I still have it saved and might check out the lighting.., if I up the intensity with this last one, the whole scene is completely washed out?? like, I mean a dramatic change for the worse.

thanks for the input mate.

Attached Thumbnails

# 56 20-07-2007 , 04:10 AM
Subscriber
hi yu all

here the latest

wadda yu think??

Attached Thumbnails

# 57 20-07-2007 , 11:19 AM
Subscriber
a slight change

Attached Thumbnails

# 58 20-07-2007 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
im so excited, and i just cant hide it.., im about to lose control and I think I like it yea, yea, yea.., ect..,

at last, after all these years. I am about to delve into the mythological world of texturing via a map.., plus the odd projection

seeing its a singing sort of day, I recall a beatles song, George I think.., 'when i look out my widow, I see the all...'

Attached Thumbnails

# 59 20-07-2007 , 11:19 PM
Subscriber
this is the model WITH glass.., I know, I know.., its simply amazing.., well, flattery will get you everywhere.., doesn't it???

Attached Thumbnails

# 60 21-07-2007 , 01:07 AM
Subscriber
Nice!

Lookin good my friend, i havet talked to u for awhile.

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz