Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 18-07-2008 , 01:35 PM
Subscriber

poly colour

is it possible to change the colour of the shaded polygons from the grey? I have created a scene which is in a forest and i want to make the floor brown. is it possible to do this without laying a texture down? just a straight shade of brown rather than grey would be fine for now

# 2 18-07-2008 , 01:45 PM
Subscriber
update to my original question - I'm sorry. I know how to change the colour of the polygons via the attribute editor. My problem is that i cant select just a single object a polyplane. when i change the colour of one, all the rest change colours with it.

# 3 18-07-2008 , 03:11 PM
YOu need to make a new material and then assign that to the object, I think that the getting started videos that appear on start up shows you how to do it.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 4 18-07-2008 , 08:28 PM
I think what you have to do is create a material in the hypershade box, then select the faces you want to apply it to, right click and hold on your material, then select "Assign material to selection"

Basically what gster123 said. You'd use the hypershade though. You can get that through... I think it's... Windows > Rendering editors > Hypershade ? That might not be right, but it's something like that.