Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 24-10-2003 , 09:05 PM
How about trying the SpyBot Kevin linked in that other thread?
It actually found a lot of stuff in my computer that I wasn´t even aware of.

# 17 24-10-2003 , 09:22 PM

Last edited by adldesigner; 24-10-2003 at 09:27 PM.
# 18 24-10-2003 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber
I have already tried using spy/ad ware detection software. No luck.

# 19 24-10-2003 , 10:19 PM
Did you update your graphics drivers?

About that registry thing... look for a suitable program on Google. They come with different GUI's from the user friendly to the "why the hell did they put this here!" kind.

Have you reinstalled the AOL program yet?

Do you have the most recent version of your browser?

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 20 25-10-2003 , 04:35 AM
Subscriber
Don't know how to update drivers. I've been trying to figure this out for a long time, but can't.

I'll try to look for a program to do this as you say.

I have not reinstalled AOL yet, but I doubt this would be the problem since I get the same problems in Internet Explorer. I suppose I could reinstall both.

And no, I do not have the most recent version of AOL. 9.0 is out, but I am using 8.0 I do not think this would be a problem though because it worked before and works on other computers with 8.0 on them.

I think I'll try to mess with my graphics card and see if that's not the problem. It does seem like a graphical problem anyway if you think about it.

# 21 25-10-2003 , 04:44 AM
Subscriber
Which drivers were you trying to install?

# 22 25-10-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
I have been trying to update the modem driver on one computer and maybe update the driver for my graphics card. The one good thing about ME is that you could always restore your system to a later date which would fix all of your problems for the most part. Too bad I'm running 2000 now. user added image

I'm going to resinatll IE and AOL now. If that doesn't work, I'll just grin and bare the reformatting phase once again. I've got it down to an hour and a half to install all components, so it shouldn't take that long.

# 23 27-10-2003 , 10:44 AM
Subscriber
Yay! Reformatting my entire computer worked! All of my lag is totally gone. But you know what? I CAN'T ACCESS MY D DRIVE ANYMORE!!!!!

My stupid, goodfornothing computer won't detect a bunrt CD when I put it in anymore! It detects audio CD's and stuff like the Windows Install CD's fine, but won't detect burst CD-R's!

This is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!! Do you know what kind of problems this is going to create for me?!?! Now I can't upload any big files to my website! The only way I could transfer files bigger than 1.3 MG's is via CD's and now that's gone!

Oh no, ohno...... what am I going to do...... what could be wrong, what have I done?!?!?!?!

# 24 27-10-2003 , 11:20 AM
Kevin
well, over the last week I have reformatted the same pc 10 times trying to loate a prob!

So freformat again, if your cds are playing up then download APSI: https://aspi.radified.com/

It will fix your roms

# 25 28-10-2003 , 12:19 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
damn AOL 8.0 ! I didnt think anyone used AOL user added image you poor guy...

Lol, saw it just a while ago. Thought it was pertinent. user added image

Attached Images
# 26 28-10-2003 , 06:03 PM
LOL @ adldesigner! user added image

Darkware... For what you're paying for AOHELL you could get a true ISP and surf problem free.

As for your items that no longer work after the reformat, remember to update all of your drivers again. That should do it.

Also, your problem may have been easily solved by simply deleteing your temporary internet cache files and history. Check your internet settings by going to TOOLS > OPTIONS and setting the DAYS TO KEEP FILES IN HISTORY to 1 or 0. This will prevent IE from overloading your HD with unnecessary files.

BUT! Sometimes IE doesn't like to delete the files when you use the delete temporary internet files from the tools menu. So try this nifty little trick to get rid of them manually.

Open your Windows Explorer and go to TOOLS > FOLDER OPTIONS > VIEW and enable SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS. Then, in Windows Explorer, go to C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content IE# (# = whatever version of IE you're using Simply select all those folders and files and delete them. It will tell you that they are system files... blah blah blah, but you can delete them safely without damaging anything. I believe the only file that won't delete will be the INDEX.DAT file, which is ok.

Also, in Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/ you'll also want to concern yourself with the HISTORY and RECENT folders. The History folder contains information on all of the pages you've recently visited. You should delete those if you're not concerned with keeping that information or you don't use the View History button in IE to find pages you've been to. The RECENT folder contains information on all of the programs and files you've recently used or opened. You can see them by going to START MENU> DOCUMENTS and the list will pop up with everything you've recently viewed or opened.

These are also helpful to know in case you want to hide your tracks, if you know what I mean. heh heh. :p

Sorry I replied to late to help you. But keep this in mind in the future. user added image

P.S. - Make sure you go back and disable Show Hidden Files and Folders to prevent from deleteing any files that arent supposed to be deleted in the future. Ouch!
user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 27 28-10-2003 , 10:23 PM
Subscriber
-The problem actually did not exist in aol. I believe it would have occurd in any isp installed on my system. I tried a few things to confirm this.

-Also, I already know how to delete my history and temporary internet files and what not.

-Update my drivers? If you read a few posts back, you'll see that I stated that I didn't know how to do this. Still waiting for an answer.

My internet problems are solved anyway. I managed to figure out what th problem was. Nothing big. Nothing you all should worry about eiher unless you plan on installing a keystroke program soon.

Last but not least, I fix my D drive. Come to find out, the CD I had in the drive didn't have a bloomin' thing on it. That's why my drive was doing that. *slaps forehead*

# 28 28-10-2003 , 11:45 PM
Subscriber
On the driver update front if you specify what graphics card you are using someone might be able to help, or you could try looking on the relevant website - Nvidia and ATi both have guides on updating drivers on their sites.

# 29 01-11-2003 , 04:38 AM

Last but not least, I fix my D drive. Come to find out, the CD I had in the drive didn't have a bloomin' thing on it. That's why my drive was doing that. *slaps forehead*

LOL! We've all done something like that.

Haven't we? user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 30 01-11-2003 , 06:53 PM
Darkware, many times Drivers comes as self installing exe.files (that is you don't have to do anything but execute them).

Another way to do it is by downloading the driver and go to My Computer->RightClick->properties->Hardware->Device Manager

There you can right click on any hardware device and choose->Update Driver.

There are other ways too...