Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-07-2005 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber

Toggle X-Ray

I'm trying to find the Mel script that the instructors at simply maya use to toggle the x-ray setting while modeling. I have found numerous scripts using google, and have also found the two scripts in simply maya scrpit section but I want the exact version used by the instructors here, if anyone knows where to get this please let me know.

# 2 05-07-2005 , 04:01 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Why the hell u're searchin' for a mel thet toggles X-ray?

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 05-07-2005 , 04:46 PM
Subscriber
I want the mel so that I can change from shading to x-ray quickly and easily without go through the menu's every time.

# 4 05-07-2005 , 04:54 PM
Just pick one of the scripts and use it. There are only two commands for xray view: one for the entire view and one for the selected object. All the variations call one of those.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 5 11-07-2005 , 10:36 PM
Subscriber
dannyngan

which scripts folder do I put your toggle x-ray mel. file into. Then how do I create a shortcut with it.

# 6 12-07-2005 , 01:22 AM
you have to put it in the scripts folder under the main maya folder (normally it's located in your "my documents" folder.......my documents/maya/scripts)...once you put the script in there...you go into maya...and type in the file name of the script...in this case it's the toggle x-ray..in the command line followed by a ";".....you then hightlight the text ( toggleXray; ) and middlemouse button drag it onto your shelf...then voila...this is of course assuming you are using dannygan's script found on his site...hopefully that helped
TheAnswerRP03

# 7 12-07-2005 , 06:59 AM
For future references, be sure to either look at the readme files that accompany scripts or open the scripts themselves in a text editor (NotePad works just fine). They usually contain directions for installing and using scripts.

Just a friendly RTFM. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job