Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-02-2017 , 04:23 PM

Render doesn't work with mental ray Maya 2017

Hey All,

So I'm pretty new to Maya and have been using Maya 2017. I have the mental ray render plugin and in render view everything shows up fine etc. but when I try to batch render my animation with mental ray
it doesn't actually render (doesn't output any images) but says its completed. (See below)

// Result: Rendering with mental ray... //
// Result: Rendering Completed. See mayaRenderLog.txt for information. //

That is all I see in the script and I do know that's not what I should be seeing user added image ( I've rendered at school with mental ray and it works fine but on my pc it doesn't work.)

Anyone any ideas? I've tried looking this up but hadn't find a solution yet.

Thanks in advance user added image

# 2 24-02-2017 , 11:06 AM
Subscriber
It could be a license problem. Since this year's new release of mental ray you have to have a paid license to be able to use batch rendering. Normal rendering with mental ray in Maya will work as normal you just have to buy a license if you want to use batch rendering. So if you want to render out an animation without a paid license you'll have to render out every frame manually within maya.

If you do have a license then I don't really know what is going on but it could be a problem in your render settings.

# 3 24-03-2017 , 02:58 PM

It could be a license problem. Since this year's new release of mental ray you have to have a paid license to be able to use batch rendering. Normal rendering with mental ray in Maya will work as normal you just have to buy a license if you want to use batch rendering. So if you want to render out an animation without a paid license you'll have to render out every frame manually within maya.

If you do have a license then I don't really know what is going on but it could be a problem in your render settings.

Sorry for the slow reply but thanks a lot!! You are totally right... I only have the free version. Stupid of me, I didn't realise it had that limitation. Thanks again for answering my question! user added image