Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 27-01-2004 , 04:28 PM

Prob in linux vs Maya hot keys , anybody help ?

Hi! i'm just another n00b , and tried to use maya in linux , one prob i'm facing rigth now is the camera tumble,track and dolly . well it seems that it's hot keys , uses the Alt key but doesn't work very well on enlightenment cus , they are the window movement keys . My question is if there's a way of changing this hot keys in maya ? case no ... to linux users what was your solution ? i know its a dum question but a noob is a noob user added image

# 2 27-01-2004 , 05:16 PM
I'm on linux and it works fine for me. I dont have any problems at all. I would maybe customize your linux keys because I'm not sure if you can change the alt key in maya .

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 3 28-01-2004 , 01:23 AM
Subscriber
if u r using red hat click on the redhad logo in the menu bar
go to preferences >
windows (the last one at the bottom)
then choose "super" (or windows logo) to move a windows.

this will free up default shortcut assigned by gnome (RH)
then u can use atl for maya like in windows.user added image

# 4 28-01-2004 , 02:20 PM
First of all let me thank you guys for the time . But any way , your answers work on the KDE (Pure_Morning) and Gnome (vladimirjp) , and as i initially , ansked was for the enlightenment window manager, i've just realised that this keys in this window manager can't be change their part of the window's controls , and i can't find either in maya the hot keys related to the actions a refered , so a think the solution will be in using another X manager . Any way thanks you guys . By the way if there's any "enlightenment" user that have a solution a apreciate the help. user added image