Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 19-05-2005 , 07:37 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Velusion

Although the model is good and Ive already commented on that, I must agree entirely with Pure Morning on the animation side of it and the rest of his comments. It needs weight, as right now hes kind of just floating about in a camp kind of way. It needs the body to have a heavy sort of bounce when the feet contact the floor. As right now the legs are moving but the body and tail have no 'follow through' if you like. Have gander at Jurassic park see how the ILM dudes have done it, Its the closest you'll get to a T REX. A trick thats revealed with their TREX is that if you can have it look spot on whilst playing it in reverse then ya half way there.

Dont take it personally but remember its constructive crit at the end of the day to help you improve. Hes also right in saying that people are too polite in their crits, like the usual saying of 'you rock' or 'so cool'.

Im the senior artist in the small 3d department at work and I tell you theres days where I just lose it when people dont listen. They ask for crit then 'cry' about it or give every excuse under the sun, but Im just ruthless about the work and push people to their limits and then some. The improvement in the last few months from a couple of guys has been great as they know what Im looking for in the quickest possible time.

Dont give up though, if this was easy everyone would be doing it

_J

# 32 19-05-2005 , 08:02 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Velusion
BMS,
Thanks. I needed that :attn:

No probs man,

You're on the right track, just keep at it. If I were at your stage I would be over the moon . . . I'm a few months away still :headbang:
I think Alan's comments came across harsh because of the way he started off, but his comments are fair. At the end of the day you know what stage you're at and where you want to be in the future.

I have family and friends telling me how great my humble spitfire is, yet I know its nowhere near the stage I would like it to be.

Cheers and keep at it.

Maybe have your dino eat someone or step on a car or something next time user added image . . . . that should be simply enough user added image

Cheers
Paul

# 33 21-05-2005 , 03:07 AM
Thanks to all. This project has been a great experience :headbang: but it's time to abandon it and move on. Sure, this one isn't perfect but the next one will be better.

Anyway, here is a link to the finished video.

T-rex in my neighborhood

I'm going to post this link in the finished work forum too. I mentioned a gift to the members of this board earlier. I'm sure it's no surprise what it is and I'm not even sure if anyone is going to want it anymore but I'll tell you what it is over there...