Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 20-03-2005 , 11:51 PM

Walk cycle

Howdie,

I'm currently working on a walk cycle for a character I modeled a few days ago. Just to give you an idea, here's a picture of the guy:

user added image

Please don't pay too much attention to detail (especially the hands), because it's just a rough sketch I made to see how it would work if animated (of course, suggestions are welcome user added image )

Anyway, here's a link to the end result of a generic walk cycle I made for him (my first attempt ever!):
walk cycle

I'm quite pleased with it myself (I came up with this guy ten years ago - it's pretty special to actually see him come to life after such a long time :p ), but for some reason it doesn't look entirely right. Anybody in for a critical review?

ta!

# 2 21-03-2005 , 12:09 AM
Over all not to bad.... One thing that pops out a bit is his knee's pop a little funny when steping down you can try and fix that by not having his body raise up as far when he goes to step. That should help wiht the knee area adn just drop him down a bit more after he step to keep the up down motion..

You can also try and add a bit more rotation in his hips and a bit more sway left to right.

Great start keep going..

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 21-03-2005 , 10:35 AM
Hey, thanks a lot!
Yeah, now that you mention it he does seem to come down a little too hard... I'll see what I can do with the up-and-down motion of his pelvis, see if that works... Thanks for the suggestion - I'll keep posting as I go along.

And, now that we've broken the ice... Any comments on the model itself? user added image