Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 27-06-2005 , 11:52 PM

Question about content in Character Rigging Tutorial

I'm considering buying it. I have Maya PLE 5, the version that came with UT2004. I found another brief tutorial on the web (CharRig101-JakeCallery.pdf) that helped me build a decent foot control with some set driven keys. What it provided was a step-by-step process, but I didn't really get a good understanding of how IK works under the hood and how I could apply IK to other things, or extend it beyond what was in the tutorial.

Does the tutorial above get into the hows and whys? If not, can someone recommend a tutorial here that does?

(Yes, this question was asked as an add-on in a different thread: https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...hreadid=16948.)

# 2 19-07-2005 , 06:04 PM
*bump*

Mr. McKinley: You appear to be the author of the tutorial; can you offer any pre-sales advice on this?

Thanks.