Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-10-2005 , 07:57 AM
Subscriber

Creating Sunlight glow

Hey guys how is life?

Well i am new with maya, and have been struglin for 2 weeks now. I have creatid an ocean with realistic looking waves. That all went fine.
But know i want to make a sun in the sky with glow (but i dont want the lightning of the sun to effect the ocean).

I got the light in the scene, and adjusted the atributes. The glow,fog,halow,star, lens flare and stuf. Until i got a nice lookin sun in the preview. But when i render i get a little dot of a light, with a black looking star and without glow and everything else. and if i scale it i just get a white big round looking spot, without everything.

Can somebody pleas help on how to make a sun with nice glow. Or forward me to a tutorial on how to do it.Or who can tell me the atributes.

Thanksuser added image

# 2 12-10-2005 , 06:58 AM
Subscriber

days of trying

Well i kep on trying and i finaly got the glow effect of the point light in my scene. It looks like a sun, but only the star of the sun is spreaded over the image. So what i want is to get the star lines shorter.
Witch atribute do i have to chanche to get the star lines shorter?

Thanksuser added image

Don't be afraid of what you can see, but be afraid of what you cant see.