Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-02-2007 , 01:10 PM

edit an existing motion path?

hello. I am looking to create a motion path for a camera using the ep curve tool, but i have already defined the start and end position of the object by key framing it in the time slide. its the in between key frames i want to edit with a motion path so that the object takes a particular path to a predefined set position. I've never used motion paths before and am unsure about how to do this. can anyone help? Rach.

# 2 25-02-2007 , 12:20 AM
You coud place the start control point of the curve on the start position and the end at the end then attach the camera (deleting the keyframes for the start and the end) as i'm not too sure what the effect would be attaching a camera to a motion path as its already keyed.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 25-02-2007 , 05:05 AM
yes but ideally I don't really want to delete the key frames as they are quite compet positions. Its like a have a runner and i have created a comples start and end position for a race that is already keyframes, i jut want to define the inbetween route with a motion path.

# 4 25-02-2007 , 07:39 AM
go to each of your keyframes that you want to keep, and then in the animation menuset, go animate-->motion paths-->set motion path key. it should start creating your motion path curve, which you can then edit.

Accept no substitutions.
# 5 25-02-2007 , 11:55 AM
hmmmm. by "go to the key frame" you do mean select it on the time slider right? as whenever i try to do this i get Error: pCube1.translateX already has an input connection. ne suggestions?