Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-04-2003 , 10:10 PM
Subscriber

Lights on an object (Space ship)

what is the best way to create LED style lights, i was hopin my mother ship would have some lights from inside. although i really like the colored point lighting that i've been playing around with.

for reference see my VFX for movie forum
\|/

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 2 12-04-2003 , 12:55 PM
Subscriber
you could try and add a glow intensity to a shader to get it to "light up"

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 3 12-04-2003 , 01:43 PM
yup... and also you could up the incandescence value of the shader to get it self-illuminate...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 4 12-04-2003 , 05:56 PM
Subscriber
maybe an incandescence map? thanks guys

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 5 26-04-2003 , 12:31 AM
incandescent map is the way to go if you're not getting up too close tothe ship.

# 6 26-04-2003 , 01:08 AM
Subscriber
Actually i posted this in the wip forum, but maybe you guys could help me with something. I did do an incandescent map, but i wanted to make lots of different coloured litghts, but when i use more than one color it doesn't work(if you use only red, white and black, it works fine). Anyone know a way to do this? A layered shader "sounds" right to me, but i don't know much about them, or how to use them.

here is my Movie thread in the WIP forum. The mothership with all the lights is at the bottom.